NAFTA Work Permit

  • Home
  • /
  • Work Permit
  • /
  • NAFTA Work Permit

Due to the shortage of skilled labour in many professions, Canada has offered attractive options for people to either directly immigrate to Canada or to work in Canada, thus working for the growth of economy of the country. If you are looking to enter Canada for work, what you are going to need is a Canadian work visa permit. This permit allows you to work in Canada on full-time basis.

Requirements for NAFTA Work Permit Canada

Under the NAFTA, you must be:

  • A citizen of the US
  • Have an offer of job from a Canadian employer
  • At least have one year of experience in specific fields (see below)

Meeting the above requirements do not guarantee that you will be granted the Canadian work visa. Your employer also needs to submit a number of proofs and must go through a scrutiny process before he/she can sponsor you.

NAFTA Occupation List for Canadian Work Permit

Below you will find the NAFTA occupation list. If your profession lies in this list, you are eligible to apply under the NAFTA agreement. However, if you can't find your profession, there are still other routes for getting the work visa:

NAFTA Professionals:

  • Accountant
  • Architect
  • College Teacher
  • Computer Systems Analyst
  • Disaster Relief Insurance Adjuster
  • Economist
  • Biologist
  • Engineer
  • Forester
  • Graphic Designer
  • Hotel Manager
  • Industrial Designer
  • Interior Designer
  • Land Surveyor
  • Lawyer (including Quebec Notary)
  • Librarian
  • Management Consultant
  • Mathematician / Statistician
  • Range Manager / Conservationist
  • Research Assistant (post-secondary)
  • Scientific Technician / Technologist
  • Seminary

Scientists under NAFTA:

  • Agriculturist
  • Animal Breeder
  • Animal Scientist
  • Apiculturist
  • Astronomer
  • Biochemist
  • Biologist
  • Chemist
  • Dairy Scientist
  • Entomologist
  • Epidemiologist
  • Geneticist
  • Geologist
  • Geophysicist
  • Horticulturalist
  • Meteorologist
  • Physicist
  • Plant Breeder
  • Poultry Scientist
  • Soil Scientist
  • Zoologist

Medical Professionals under NAFTA

  • Dentist
  • Dietician
  • Medical Laboratory Technologist
  • Nutritionist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Pharmacist
  • Physician
  • Physiotherapist
  • Psychologist
  • Recreational Therapist
  • Registered Nurse
Need more help regarding Immigration Programs?
We are here to help.
Free Consultation

Need Any Kind Of Legal Advice?

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Contact Us