Applying For a Canadian Study Permit:
Due to the fact that Canadian universities are considered to be amongst the best in the world, a lot of students show interest in pursuing their academic goals in this country. With extensive growth in educational institutions and the various fields of study offered, Canada’s educational atmosphere does attract an ever-increasing number of students every year. Apart from this, all the student transfer programs, federal grants and scholarships offered, make it even more justifiable for foreign students to pursue their dreams in this country. To be able to do so, a number of requirements and protocols need to be met by the applicant for a successful study permit visa for Canada.
Canadian Study Permit Process:
If you wish to study in Canada, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You will need to obtain a study permit from the immigration department of Canada. This is required in case of full time study program. However, a study permit is not mandatory if the student completes the program within six months
- You will need to have a valid passport from your home country
- If you are coming from a non-visa exempt country, you will also need to have a visa to visit Canada
- If you are trying to enroll in the Quebec University, you will need to go through more steps because the Quebec is stricter in the provisional laws
You need not to worry, as our firm is well experienced with these requirements and can provide professional guidance to those who are interested in obtaining a Study Permit visa for Canada.
Steps To Apply For a Study Permit:
- The first step in this process is to apply to a university or an educational institution in Canada
- After applying, you need to have already secured an admission from a Canadian educational institution
- These educational institutions can be schools, colleges, vocational training centers or universities
- Once you have received a letter of acceptance from any of the above mentioned educational institutions, you can begin with your visa process
- In order to study in Canada, the student will need a document that is issued by the Canadian government known as the student permit. For most long term educational courses in Canada, a student permit is necessary
Study Permit How it Works:
When you submit a student permit application, the Government will evaluate the application against certain guidelines, as mentioned below:
- The major requirement will be your financial position. You would need to prove that you have sufficient financial means to cover the fees charged by your college or university. In addition to this, you will need to prove that you can financially take care of yourself during your stay in Canada
- You would need to prove that you have enough resources to fund your other expenses during your stay. If your family (this could be your spouse or your children) is coming with you, then you would need to prove that you can financially support them as well
- Those students who wish to study short courses (6 months) will not need a study permit. But after you finish your six month or lesser course and you wish to stay back in Canada, you will be required to apply again.
- During the educational program, students can also work to make the most of their time. For a student from a different country to work in Canada, there is no requirement for a work permit in the following cases:
- The student must have a valid study permit
- At times educational institutions employ students for part time jobs. For this, a student is not required to have a work permit