Eligibility criteria, an applicant must:
- Have at least a personal net worth of $150,000 CAD.
- Make an equity investment of minimum of $150,000 CAD in the province of Manitoba.
- Have the Marketing stills that would enhance the revenue of a farm.
- Come to Manitoba for an exploratory visit for at least 7 days in order to investigate the opportunities related to farming and evaluate the quality of life in this province, before submitting the application.
- The Intention of the applicant and the accompanying family members must be to reside in Manitoba.
- Must be able to deliver the documented assessment of opportunities related to farming and signify the general knowledge of Manitoba.
- Must be able to elaborate that they will generate income of more than $35,000 CAD (after paying tax) from the business of farming along other businesses.
In case the application is approved by the government of Manitoba, a payment of $75,000 CAD will be deposited to the government of Manitoba in order to provide a guarantee that the applicant will reside in Manitoba and also that the applicant will establish or purchase a farm in the province of Manitoba within a time frame of 2 years after the Permanent Residency has been received. This deposit will be returned by the government (without interest) after the requirements are met and the business/farm is operational.