Eligibility criteria, an applicant must:
- Have been in Manitoba as a visitor previously for at least 7 days to investigate business opportunities and surroundings in the province.
- Have at least $350,000 CAN of personal net worth.
- Have gained a minimum 3 years of experience in the ownership of a successful business, or a comprehensive experience at a senior management position in a company.
- Look forward to invest at least $150,000 CAD, and must be participating actively in the role of management of a business in Manitoba.
- Intend to reside in Manitoba along the accompanying dependent family members.
Under the circumstances that the application is approved by the Government of Manitoba, the applicant will need to deposit $75,000 CAD to the Government of Manitoba. Furthermore, the applicant would need to guarantee the Government of Manitoba about purchasing or establishing a business or farm in Manitoba within the time frame of 2 years after getting their Permanent Residency. This deposit will be returned by the government (without interest) after the requirements are met and the business/farm is operational.